Imagination Workshop is a meeting of minds for immersive and interactive theatre, comedy, song, children's shows and more.
Our colourful and classy hub was new to Edinburgh Fringe in 2019.
We're returning in 2020 but to a new venue – we're still known as venue 119, but we're moving to Macdonald Holyrood Hotel at 81 Holyrood Road, Edinburgh EH8 8AU.
Imagination Workshop - v119 will be open from mid-morning to late night throughout August. Programming will include a diverse range of acts, appealing to the widest possible range of ages and tastes.
This is a fabulous Fringey venue:
* it lives in the 4-star Macdonald Holyrood Hotel;
* it's just a few minutes' walk from the world-famous Royal Mile, the Scottish Parliament building, Arthur's Seat and Holyrood Palace;
* it's within 15 minutes' walk of Edinburgh Waverley and Princes Street;
* the area around is easily accessed, with car parking available and easy transport links;
* there’s wheelchair access throughout the venue;
* all performance spaces have plenty of seats – and no sticky carpets!
Imagination Workshop has been created by Interactive Theatre International, successful theatre producers since 1997.
ITI introduced the Imagination Workshop hub (v119) to Edinburgh Fringe in 2019, hosting 14 acts throughout August.
The company returns in 2020 for its 13th consecutive Edinburgh Fringe, again in its venue, Imagination Workshop - v119.
Its headline blockbuster show is Faulty Towers The Dining Experience, the world’s longest-running, most successful tribute to the BBC’s iconic TV series, where audiences become part of the irresistible action.
Applications are open for up to 20 further shows to share our space.
Who - a new model
ITI and Imagination Workshop pride themselves on being ethical producers who stand up to bullies and play fair with artists, audiences, venues and staff.
As employers, their staff - including casuals - are paid above par and their performers are paid above industry standard.
And as a Fringe hub, they don’t rip off artists: the hub is run on ticket sales only; artists just pay a minimal room hire and Fringe registration.
Two family members run the business alongside support staff:
* company founder and Artistic Director, and original Sybil Faulty, Alison Pollard-Mansergh;
* business development manager & IW director, Jared Harford.
They join ITI’s extended family of 87 staff and performers split between the UK and Australia, who tour the world with the company’s shows – a company that’s grown from an original cast of three, to this globetrotting, crowd-pleasing, one-of-a-kind success story.